02 Aug Top Facebook Demographics That Matter to Social Media Marketers
By Dara Fontein
You wouldn’t launch a business without knowing exactly who your potential customers are, and the same can be said about your Facebook strategy. The more you know about the people who make up your Facebook community, the easier it is to create and share content that they will find valuable. Relying on a classic spray and pray method—where you just blindly blast your social media content everywhere without any kind of targeted strategy—isn’t going to cut it.
While people love to claim that Facebook users are diminishing, the number of people who log into Facebook every day has actually grown by 16 percent year over year. Even more interesting is the fact that mobile usage has grown by 21 percent year over year. This shows that users aren’t leaving Facebook so much as they are leaving desktop interfaces and flocking towards mobile. This is emphasized by SmartInsights who found that 52 percent of digital media time in the USA is spent on mobile, compared to the diminishing 42 percent on desktop.
A few things you should know about Facebook:
- 1.65 billion monthly users (as of March 2016)
- More than 1.09 billion people use Facebook daily (as of March 2016)
- 989 million mobile daily active users (as of March 2016)
- 1.51 billion mobile monthly active users (as of March 2016)
- 84.2% of daily active users are outside the US and Canada (as of March 2016)
- 71 percent of American adults with access to the internet use Facebook
Knowing Facebook demographics can help you better meet the needs of your customers so that you can tailor your content strategy on the platform accordingly.
Facebook demographics are important to your business because they:
- Help you get to know your audience (allowing you to make more meaningful connections)
- Allow you to target the audience members and customers who matter the most to your brand
- Equip you with the information you need to see what content works for your audience, and what content doesn’t
Continue reading to discover the Facebook demographics, statistics, and data that matter to your business, and ways to use this information so you don’t end up looking as out of place as that DVD rental store does in 2016. View Full Article >>